Registering your Tree
Do you have a fruit or nut tree in your yard that produces more than you and your family can eat?
The Leon Fruit and Nut exchange would love to have your tree registered in our online Exchange. The Exchange was created as a means for homeowners to donate their unharvested fruit to local urban farmers’ markets, food banks, and charitable groups to help Move Food Forward to those in need.
How it Works
- Register your Tree
- Volunteer Gleaning of your property: Volunteer groups, with the homeowner’s permission, harvest the fruit from individual trees. (All of our volunteer have signed a liability release.)
- Self Harvest: We leave fruit and Nut crate for your to harvest and fill. Call us when you are done and we will pick it up.
- After you register your tree you will be contacted by a volunteer with the Exchange. The volunteer will do a site visit will to examine your trees and to distribute some written information which contains detail about the exchange and how to obtain Fruit and Nut Exchange donation information for your tax records.
- You will be contacted at the open of each season in which your have a ripe tree to schedule a harvesting date or crate pick up time.
- You will have be invited to our twice annual tree care workshops hosted at IFAS. Here you will learn about proper fruit tree care, fertilization and trimming.